Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A7N8X Multiplier Problem Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambaron

Technical User
Jul 7, 2004
CA
I have an A7N8X revision 1.4 and have just recently updated the bios in hopes of it detecting my mobile Athlon 2800+ XP-M. It now detects it as a Athlon XP-M but it only runs at 1252.84mhz. The fsb is set at 133, but the miltiplier is set to only 14x (the 2800+ xp-m is suppose to be 16x). Also at 14x shouldn't the speed be around 1.8ghz? Before updating the bios I was able to acually munipulate the miltipliers but now no-matter where I change the multipliers to it stays at a constant 1252.89mhz. Is there anything I can do to get this 2800+ working at full speed on this board?

I just tried loading default cmos settings and now the damn thing is stuck at 601.36mhz no-matter what I set the fsb or multipliers to. According to WCPUID the fsb is running at 100mhz, and the multiplier is only 6x!!! Yet in cmos it says that the multiplier is set at 14 and the fsb is 133. This problem is far beyond my knowledge, please help.

Alright, I just updated the bios again and it now works fine, I can once again change the fsb and multipliers. But I still can't get any multipliers past 12.5x to work (I need 16x). Any ideas anyone?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back