Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A4 Single sheet Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaruk

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
GB
I want to produce a report linked to query. The query will link to tables, one called contact the other notes. The contact table holds customer info address etc and what I wish to do is bring the notes table info into the same report.

The notes table has a date field, subject field & notes. The notes section holds all the information on customer contacts in date order. What I am trying to achieve is a single A4 sheet per customer that lists the customer details and all contact history notes, then move onto the next customer for another single A4 sheet.

Can anyone help? [sig][/sig]

Hi

Try sorting and grouping Customer

then goto the properties got the grouping and select force new page

select page header/footer and group header/footer as required

HTH
[sig]<p>Robert Dwyer<br><a href=mailto:rdwyer@orion-online.com.au>rdwyer@orion-online.com.au</a><br>[/sig]

Sorry i do not understand your reply. I am new to Access as I have always used Excel in the past. I would be grateful if you could explain.

Thanks

mark [sig][/sig]

Hi Mark,

ok for reports you can define &quot;sorting and grouping&quot; here you can choose a field from the the reports data fields which access will &quot;group&quot; together this allows you to keep like items as a logical group in the report this also forms the sort order of the data.

from design mode for the report rightclick on the report select &quot;sorting and grouping&quot; add the &quot;customer&quot; field to the data grid. the section below this has some options for each &quot;grouping&quot; you can add a header and or a footer a segment that displays before and after the choosen group details section.

After you add a &quot;grouping&quot; section to the report you can got to the properties for the group a specify &quot;force new page&quot;

so you have a layout that conceptually looks like this

report header
page header
group header
group details
group footer
page footer
report footer

of these sections you can elect to include or not include them. think of these sections as the outer section containing the next inner section and so on.

try using the report wizard to make some reports then have a look at the results in design view to get a feel for what they do and how they interact.

[sig]<p>Robert Dwyer<br><a href=mailto:rdwyer@orion-online.com.au>rdwyer@orion-online.com.au</a><br>[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back