Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A word of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

VhdlForLife

Programmer
Aug 11, 1999
JP
I've noticed that lately there has been a proliferation of student question in the forums. These are rather obvious posts since they have very specific application requirements and format. Personally I think that it is okay to get help for your college assignments, however, I think that it should only be done as a last resort or only when you have no way of continuing. The help sought after should just be hints or advice on possible avenues of approach. It would really be unfair if the COMPLETE solution is given to these posts! Think of the work that other students would have had to do.<br><br>So here I'm calling for your support to only give strategic help when you see these posts so that the person is helped by the advice you give for the approach. You only cause harm when you reply with a COMPLETE solution since the student would never have learnt to do the assignments. We wouldn't want the next generation (i.e. our future colleague) to be weak in simple program generation. Let's make these forums an even better place!<br><br>Thanks,<br>VhdlForLife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back