Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A weird Check writing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

brisysconsulting

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
I have a client that has a strange check writing problem.

I am new to Peachtree so the most basic problem can cause me troubles right now.

They are using Peach Tree Complete Accounting 2003.

The problem is - If they write multpile checks to one vendor...it makes all the payments on one check! Example - if the have to pay the same vendor $100 for lawn care, $150 for Lawn Supplies and $100 for Equipment...PT cuts 1 check for $350 to this one vendor. They want it to cut 3 separate checks.

How can this be resolved??

If they have to cut 3 checks for 3 different vendors - it cuts 1 check for each vendor the way it should so that works just fine.

These are all new Dell Windows XP Pro machines and fresh installs with data intact.

Thanks in advance,
Brian - Mt. Laurel NJ

If you use Tasks, Payments, you can select to pay one invoice for the vendor. After you print the check, you can then select another invoice to pay for the vendor. The key is to only select one invoice to pay before each check printing.

And my $.02 worth:

If you are using checks with a stub (i.e.: multipurpose checks) the beauty of that is ALL the invoices being paid are itemized individually on the stub. Then the check follows for the TOTAL amount. Really makes life easier.

The previous suggest would work well but you can also try setting up multiple vendor codes for the same vendor for EACH type of service being purchased.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back