Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A way not to show the container box in CS when I use the ? key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCoQueen

Technical User
Jun 19, 2006
US
when I have the type tool selected and use command for the selection arrow?

What I mean is when I am hitting command just the act of running the arrow not clicking, over a text box, image etc., makes the container box flash visible. It is driving me nuts! 2.0 dosen't do this which is why I still prefer to use it over CS...

Does that make sense?

...according to my version of CS2 this is a characteristic of indesign in both CS and CS2, a workaround is to select the black arrow instead (v key)...

andrew

Thanks... I knew I could get around it that way but I was hoping there was another way... It's so much quicker to just use the command key... I guess I'm gonna have to get used to it eventually. :(

The reason you see the frame "flash" is that you don't have to switch from the type tool to work with the text frame itself. If you have the type tool selected and you're working in a text frame, use the Command key and you can click on the text frame to move it or you can drag the handles to resize, and when you let go, you still have the type tool activated so that you can keep working in the text frame. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back