Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A vu or volume meter for audio apps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTN

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
US
I have been looking for a script or an xtra that would help me put a vu or volume meter on the front of my new cd application. I wrote it in director 8 and I have been looking everywhere for some help. I know that I will need to animate several sprites but I dont know what to call on to get this measurement. There is not a lingo for output volume or bpm. I'm currently a window's user and could really use the help.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Todd <p>Todd Norris<br><a href=mailto:Todd.Norris@home.com>Todd.Norris@home.com</a><br><a href= Personal Profile 2000</a><br>Hope this helps !

I don't know of a director method but you could intergrate with Visual Basic.&nbsp;&nbsp;VB has access to all the bits you will need and it can communicate with Director very easily and quickly.&nbsp;&nbsp;You also suddenly have access to an entirely new set of very powerful tools and features.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you want some specific guidance email me.&nbsp;&nbsp;Its not as hard as you might expect..considering that active x components are so easy to use and someone will have done all the hard work for you.

oops..sorry<br><br><A HREF="mailto:hamert@amtc_ep.training.wa.gov.au">hamert@amtc_ep.training.wa.gov.au</A>.<br><br>I'll go add it to my profile.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back