Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a virtual include file (.asp page) in an XSL page

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrbodine

Programmer
Aug 24, 2000
US
Hi,

I'm rendering html using an .xsl page, and need to include a file in the page, to give it the same background as other pages on our intranet.

the include file previously was included in .asp pages like so:
<!--#INCLUDE VIRTUAL=&quot;/include/THeader.asp&quot;-->

when I add this line of code in the .xsl page, its just being treated like a comment; no content is coming back.

How are virtual include files included in an .xsl page? Is this possible?

Thanks,
Ray

If you want a comment to be generated in the output, and not treated as an xsl comment, use the xsl:comment element:

Code:
  <xsl:comment>#INCLUDE VIRTUAL=&quot;/include/THeader.asp&quot;</xsl:comment>

I am assumming that you are generating asp pages which will be run at a later time - I don't see how asp pages can be included like this 'on the fly'.

FYI: You can load a shared xml document in a stylesheet using the document() function.

pneutam,

Thanks for the input.... I tried this w/ no success, the contents in the .asp page still didn't show up, and there was no error message generated. Maybe the problem is becuse this include has another include in it? For now I'm hardcoding the html contained in these includes in the xsl code. It actually needed some modification anyway to be correctly formed according to XML specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back