Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A VERY HARD PROBLEM.. NEED DESCRIPTION BOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikelo11th

Programmer
Feb 9, 2003
DE
hi there........
me again ... sorry.

my problem this time is that i have a form which is linked to a database..... so when u update the form, the database will be updated as well.

on my form, i have a feild called pizza ordered....... u basically type in what pizza u want......... my problem is that i want a seperate box linked to this "pizza ordered" field. so when u type in a pizza..... a description will come up....... so if i type in "chicken hot" as the pizza..... i want "chicken with peppers....." to come up in the box...... and when i change it to "magarita", then the description on the seperate box changes to "cheese with tomato...." etc.......

u know what i mean.........
i tried using sub forms to do this after creating a seperate table for all the pizzas and description.... but i got stuck..........
if anyone has any idea.......... PLZZZZZZZZ HELP>>>>>
i would be so grateful to u.... thanks.........

It sounds like what you have is pizza then an detail description of what is available on the pizza. There are most likely a exact number of ways/topping the pizza can have. You might create a separeat table with all of the possibilities and then have a list box on the order form to indicate such. Could also reduce any confusion (misinterpretation) of what is exactly wanted.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back