Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A user cannot log on via WInNT/2K/XP PCs, only Win9x

Status
Not open for further replies.

techydude

MIS
Apr 16, 2003
Hello all,

I have Win2K-Server domain controller, and a bunch of Win9x and a few WinNT4, Win2K & WinXP client PCs.

One, and thus far only one, of my users cannot log on to the domain if the client PC is NT/2K/XP. She can only log on if it's a Win9x client PC.

This has never happened until relatively recently - the last time she tried & succeeded to log on (to a NT/2K/XP client) was early June. I wish I could say "but nothing's changed" in that time, however several things have changed or at least been fixed on the Win2K-Server in the last couple of months, but as above, this is symptom is not affecting any other users as far as I can tell. I've checked and compared her domain user account settings to everyone elses, and obviously cannot see anothing to explain this.

Help!
Anthony.

Ok let's start with PING.
Can you ping IP address and computer name. Start/run/"cmd"
then Ping 192.168.. (ip adress) and ping computername?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back