Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A+ Traning

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightowl17

Technical User
Feb 15, 2002
US
I have just been through the A+ core& OS training preview at Smart Certify and I was impressed with there program , They guantree a pass Or your mony back ,The course cost 600.US and has no time limit and has 24/7 Support .is anyone familer with this course?
nightowl17

Nightowl, I wish I could brag on them but I just spent two months on their course. Last week I barely passed the Core test, this week, to my embarrasment I failed the Tech test. It could be my high school Edu, or my old age,57, But their practice exams didn't even come close to the real test.Honestly, I got more help here from the testing sites these guys were reccomending and their free test were more in line with the real test. I really worked hard on the course materials but just didn't get enough to eliminate the need for hands on teaching or experience. I've been a computer hobbyiest for six years, taking apart and working on every old comp I could find. I passed the smart Certify practice test 1000 score out of possible 1000 over and over. But failed the real test today. So take it for what it's worth, and good luck. I'm kicking myself for my own ignorance, just wish I had chosen more wisely. Doyle

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, Doyle. Did SmartCertify offer you a money back guarantee?

Grab the Cramsession & Examnotes study guides for review, take the exam report from the testing center and concentrate on your weak areas. Get a voucher next time to soften the economic burden.

You have the luxury of having seen the exam once so you have a better idea of what they are looking for. Hang in there! A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Thanks for the info Glister, Yes Smart Certify offers A money back guarantee if you fail the test three times. With all the red tape, I don't know if it's worth it. From my experience with the course, I have A feeling it would be handled in India. At least that seems to be where all the instructors are from. Tremendous language barrier to learning, the people were very nice and informed, but the accents were so heavy I finally just gave up on the human contact. Seems the way of the industry now is to farm everything out to foriegn countries. No disrespect to other countries, I just have A hard time learning when I am straining just to understand A word.

They offer money back if you fail twice
nightowl17

I took the smart certify thingie and it was NOT what I had expected! I took a 5 month MCDBA course and it prepared me better for the exams than smart certify did.

To make things worse, they refund the course but NOT your tests.

-don't like em'
-yaz

That is very discouraging. I just purchased the a+, net+, and mcsa materials from smart-certify. Does this mean I just wasted $895 on something that will not even get me through the tests???

I signed up with Smart Certify and I found numerous mistakes in their A+ material. It got to the point where I told one "mentor" (heh, you know, the guys who only give you cut and paste answers and refer you back to the same material where you found the error), "If you guys can't get the stuff right that I DO know, how can I trust you to teach me the stuff I DON'T know?".

I found myself studying to pass the Smart Certify practice exams. I was memorizing the Smart Certify practice questions instead of the material. Everyone here gives great advice when they say, "Take as many free practice tests that you can find".

-Don't feel bad DoleJerry, the software test was much harder than the hardware test.

On a good note... I passed both of my A+ tests with the help of Smart Certify. Smart Certify WILL get you through the tests, just make sure you take more practice tests than just theirs.

where are some good sites to get close to actual test simulations for free or are there any??

If you'll take the time to look over some previous posts, you'll find quite a few that will direct you to lots of free online practice exams.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,CET,CST,CNST,CNCT,CFOT,CCNT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back