Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A textbox + A search button VS Combobox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firecat1970

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2003
HK
My scenerio is this, I would like to create a location code search which is actually finding a location out of 8000 records in a location table.

In Classic ASP, what I would do is to have a textbox, and a button, where the onclick on the button will take the textbox and bring out a popup-modal window which contains a list of location code which matches with the textbox.text.
e.g. If a user type USL in the textbox and search, it will bring out all location code starting with USL... e.g. USLAX, USLGB, etc.

I just wonder if there are built-in ASP.NET control (e.g. combobox, listbox) which can do this easily? or it makes more sense making a user control with a textbox and button.

Thank you very much.

There is nothing "out of the box". You can do it the same way you would have with classic ASP. You can use a datagrid or what ever control(s) you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back