Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A+ Test Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabney

Technical User
May 24, 2003
US
ok here goes i have been building, repairing and upgrading computers ie: windows based (a mac here or there) for the last four years... i have read up to chapter 10 of the A+ all in on guide and have used the transcenders.

so my question is how do i know when im ready to take the test?

also in regards to the transcenders practice test is there a certain grade i should be getting to determine if im ready for the real thing...

fyi: im failing the core by 100 points each time and passing the os by 400 points so i plan to sit the os test first.

any and all help is appreciated

There are similar questions in other threads in this forum. I would check those as well. Anyhow...

Being that all my certs are from experience and self-study, my benchmark has been 85% or greater on at least 3 major practice exams. When I achieve that, then I schedule the exam.

Also, I never rely on a single study guide for my study. I think that multiple study books provide alternative insight the other book may have missed. The materials I used were...

Mike Meyers A+ Study Guide
Exam Cram A+
Sybex A+

These guides provided all and more information to prep me.
Hope that helps you.

Gary
gwinn7
A+,N+,I+

I'd have to concur with gwinn7... use multiple study guides and online resources. I personally used study books, software and Internet resources to study. I nailed the A+ Core Hardware test today in 10 minutes.

As far as knowing when you're ready? Well, again, gwinn7 offers some sound advice. To add to it... don't keep second-guessing yourself either (like I did)... you have to get to a point where you either know it or you don't.

Regards,
TwistedAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back