Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A taller Code 3 of 9 font?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missangie

Technical User
Nov 3, 2002
I got a complaint that my code 3of 9 font is "too short". I am using a true type font, the width is fine, there are 8-10 numbers in each barcode. They scan fine except that this person feels that if they were taller they would be easier for her to scan. (I think she's just being lazy...wink wink)

I was thinking of getting a font designing program and extending the height of each character. Can you think of any issues I may have by doing so? Advice?

Thanks in advance.
Angie

Why not just print the barcode twice, the second instance offset vertically by an appropriate amount from that of the first instance.

If you are printing the font programmatically you can create a bitmap using the font and data and then just stretch the bitmap vertically using the graphics capabilities in your programming language. This bitmap could then be sent to your label. I like DansDadUK's idea as well, and this would definitely be the way to go if you were using a printer font (built-in), but since you are using true type fonts anyway, these two solutions could be used with similar performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back