Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Slight Modification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESquared

Programmer
Dec 23, 2003
US
Just one little modification in spelling or pronunciation can change everything!

Cariboa • An extremely large legless reptile with gigantic antlers, lives in colder forested regions.

Retchup • Ketchup for dogs. (Can you guess the main ingredient?)

Moano-unsaturated fat • Fats that *seem* good for you but tie up your intestines in very small knots. (Olestra?)

Afrophysics • The study of big hair... in outer space.

Chicken Seizure Salad • Whatever it is, I'm not gonna eat it.

Venturi Capitalist • An investor that sucks money OUT of your organization.

Hamboo • A tad more edible than the standard garden variety. Bonus: doesn't taste like chicken!

Homegroan - Makes being alone in it all the spookier.

Minute Maid - Cleans really quickly!

Wherewolf - Hopefully not close to me.

Airplain - No artificial flavorings!

Minute Maid - or she's really, really small.

I so had no clue who Manute Bol was that I tried manute in the dictionary first...

Koienne Pepper - Hot spicy seasoning, smells like fish
Veal Parmesan - really cheesy meat
Egg Fool Yoong - kids are so gullable
Hollanddays Sauce - what do they use at night?
Peeking Duck - isn't it dead yet?

Somebody once actually said this one to me:
Hors d'Oeuvre(they pronounced it horse do over) - not sure I want to know what it tasted like before the do over

Nice ones, Skullmeister.

I had a similar experience with hor d'oeuvre in high school. A girl, pronouncing it correctly, asked me how to spell it. I told her. She said, "Nah UH!!! That's HORSE DOOVER!" and proceeded to type it how she liked into the computer. All I could do was (silently) laugh, shudder, and leave.

I see the capitalization you used, is that correct? I never bothered to capitalize it before.

The way I spelled it was taken from "The Joy of Cooking" cookbook that I have. I've always thought that it was supposed to be capitalized that way.

How about:

sargasm: what you've had when you feel really really good after finally speaking that really really nasty comment out loud

Want the best answers? Ask the best questions!

TANSTAAFL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back