Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A single paging numbered on even pages only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reid68

Technical User
Aug 11, 2014
FR
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to achieve a book with IndesIgn. To do this, I created templates (= gabarit) as well as folio. Today I would like to put a single paging numbered on even pages only (this is to say that on the left page). And this paging does not take into account the odd page automatically (= right page).

To make it more understandable, I realized for you a screenshot that shows my work at this time and the result that I want :

viewer.php
mini_963077ENG.png
[/url]]

You could see the image in a larger size here!

I hope zoo much you could help me please! :)

Regards,

Charlotte

You need to set up your document with "facing pages". In the English version, this is found in the File menu under Document Setup. Once you have a document set up as "facing pages", you can create a new master page set that has a left and right page. Just add your automatic page numbering on the left, even page.

I don't think that spamjim idea will work.

I would do the following:

Select the master page where the numbering is and under the options uncheck 'Allow pages to shuffle'

In your document go to the first spread and double click on the left page.

Go to the options in your pages panel and choose Numbering and section options.

Choose "start page numbering at 1

Go to the next spread do the same but change the number to 2

and so on...

Carlow, you're right. I was only looking at the single master page icon and realizing that it would be difficult to number left and right pages. I did not notice the intended numbering scheme for spreads.

Manual numbering is not necessary though. These pages can be numbered by flowing a text box, like one would do for sequential tickets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back