Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A simple backup service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimimimi

Programmer
Jan 11, 2009
GB
Hi,

I'm a young programmer in C# and I need help. Despite the the fact my application is simple, I have the problem with creating the service. I'll be happy for any help.

Firstly, I write in C# Express 2005, so I don't have the build-in service template project. I know concepts of C# programming, but I don't have a lot of experience with it.

I'd like to build a simple backup windows service. I want my service run every hour an external backup exe file. I think it is very basic idea, however I had problems with running my application . I made the proper installer, but my service didn't work (my external backup program arj.exe hadn't been launched).

I based my program on the template. On that page you can see the template and my (mi_mi_mi) conversation with the author of that template. Unfortunately that tip wasn't enough for me successfully finishing my little project as other web based research I've done.

I'll be happy for any kind of help leading to finishing my small project.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back