Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A replacement for SK98 ?? Is there one? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljt1

Technical User
Mar 27, 2004
US
I have been using SK98 since it came out; I tried 99, but went back to 98. I cannot believe it did not continue and is no longer supported. With all the crap on the market, this they pick to kill off? Anyway, I need a modern replacement - any good suggestions? With the efflux of time, it just takes too much efort to keep 98 compatible. I want to move on...on suggestions?

Take a look at thread 807-238207

Act! 5 is the only thing that comes close.
Ken

Dear Tilltek and ljt1,
Easier to click on this link

thread807-238207

(no gap, Tecumseh mark up language can't convert a link with gaps)!
Jim

Good point James.
By the way, to anyone looking to replace Sidekick, don't even think about GoldMine.
I tried it a few years ago and thought that while it did the job, it was far too hard to work with.
I recently fired up the latest GoldMine Frontdesk 2000 thinking they may have done some work on it but no, it's still the same hog to drive.
Even simple things like scrolling through your contact list takes hours to work out.

Go for Act 5! (not6)free on mag' covers.
Ken F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back