Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A reimage mystery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayTaco

MIS
Sep 24, 2015
US
Something odd happened today and I was wondering if anyone had ideas as to what caused it.
I did a fresh install of Windows on my laptop, formatted the hdd the whole 9 yards. Instead of having a Lenovo background, as I expected, I had an LG background and user image.
I can't come up with a single piece of hardware in my machine that was made by LG. I've googled around a bit to see if there was a partnership between Lenovo and LG at some point and I can't come up with anything.
I've used this same Windows install disk on other machines, the background image has always come from the chipset or another piece of hardware. So why the heck is an LG branded background coming up as default? Does LG make any laptop hardware that would be in my stock Lenovo Thinkpad? Am I crazy?

Only 2 parts in that laptop could be made by LG, the LCD screen ( in a partnership with Phillips, and the model would start with LP) and the Optical drive if it has one. I have no answer for the reason the background image is the way it is.

What was the source of the DVD that you installed with? Or was it USB?

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

It was a dvd and it looks like the Optical drive was made by LG. Mystery solved.
Really odd though since every other image I've done on a windows machine has defaulted to a windows background or a background from the chipset. I think it got changed when I was doing driver updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back