Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A real puzzle - Cash Register Security Regulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olaf Doschke

Programmer
Oct 13, 2004
DE
This is not really a puzzle, but really y puzzling regulation for cash register security effective from April 1st 2017.

I'm almost finished writing a library for that now, but while being an austrian (well, not german, but almost) very pedantic and detailed down to a point it gets more painful than helpful law text, it had quite some basic informations missing, for example the tax VAT values you need to group by and summate receipt positions on. Actually the german version of the text is even more detailed about the processing steps.

If you like to go through this just for fun, I would doubt your sanity. This topic is so dry, you need to drink before reading it. Water, or perhaps rather booze.

Just go for one aspect and tell me the tax rates I mentioned from Amount Rate Standard to Amount Rate Special. In other words: Which VAT rates are attached to these 5 figures each?

I give you three hints

Bullet point 4 is pointing to § 9 Sec. 2 no. 4 in the law itself

§ 9 Sec. 2 no. 4 says: Amount of the cash payment separated according to tax rates pursuant to § 10 of the 1994 VAT Act [UStG 1994], Federal Law Gazette [BGBl.] No. 663/1994 in the respectively valid version

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf said:
If you like to go through this just for fun, I would doubt your sanity.

That sounds so like me. LOL (Yup Literally)

If I felt I was anyway up to the challenge, I would undoubtedly be doing this. Unfortunately, my skills with programming are very limited and this does not look like something that would succumb to methods.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Olaf said:
If you like to go through this just for fun, I would doubt your sanity
I have recently discovered that I am suffering a persistent hallucination that I am sane.
Apparently it is a very common condition.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You know, this was just a vent for some frustration, you already make me feel better with such responses. Thank you, kwbMitel, IPGuru.

Bye, Olaf.

I like to do things for no other purpose than to prove that I can. It needs to be such that I am forced to learn new techniques. I found the Euler Project perfect for this purpose until I hit the ceiling on my ability. I'm somewhere in the top 5% on that site so I am satisfied and I learned so many new techniques on the way. The fact that I do this for entertainment befuddles anyone that I can talk to. Being Kevin in my circle of friends is a euphemism for "Odd"

I have found this forum and others like it to be uniquely suited to my oddness.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Kevin
I don't think you are odd.

The Brain is like a muscle & needs to be regularly exercised to keep it healthy

that is why for the pat year I have been playing with AVR micro controllers, not with any particular goal in mind other that to refresh my atrophied programming skills (rusty after 25 years working in telecomms instead of Real electronics ;-) )

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back