Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A question for the experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trudye

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
US
Hi Everyone:

I am new to this area. I know nothing about your area of expertise. I see a lot of ads for Call Center programmers with MS Access expertise. I happen to be an Access developer.

My question is how difficult is it to learn Call Center with a MS Access background? Is the MS Access background key to learning Call Center or just a by-product?

Please understand I have never even seen Call Center software and have only been able to find sketchy information on the Internet.

Any information would be helpful
Thanks so much
Trudye

Hi Trudye!

I don't really see where MS-access knowledge is required to manage an Aspect CallCenter. It might be helpful when working on reports, but this is really the only situation I can imagine.
To answer your question: I have 3 people working with Aspect systems. All 3 had no clue what an ACD was, had no programming background, but learned to work with the product pretty quick.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me
oliver.pleyer@transcomww.com

Rgds,
Oliver

Hi Oliver:

Below is a sample (not a very good one) of the kind of ads I am talking about. A lot of them stress MS Access and Excel more. What is the connection?

Trudye

Responsibilities will be monitoring Cisco ICM and West Interactive IVR systems. Analyst will perform benchmarking, analysis, issue resolution and oversee all related real-time reporting. Must have prior experience with both ICM and IVR reporting.

Required Skills:
IVR
Cisco ICM
Reporting System
MS Access
MS Excel
IEX
Business Analyst
System Analyst
Call Center

Hey Trudye!

The only real connection is in my eyes the reporting-side. Send me an email to discuss the details if you wish.
Rgds
Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back