Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A query about NETWORKDAYS in Excel 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooze29

Instructor
May 12, 2006
GB
Hi everyone

Recently I enabled the Analysis Toolpack and Analysis Toolpack VBA and got NETWORKDAYS to work. I have just gone back into my Excel spreadsheet, both were unticked, however the spreadsheet example has the formula in there working, but when I remove it and do it again it comes up with NAME error. I have reticked, come out of Excel, gone back in and I still cannot get NETWORKDAYS. Has anyone come across this?

Many thanks

Was NETWORKDAYS an array formula, perhasp? I've no clue, as I've never used it.

Can you reopen the example sheet again, and see if it reverts back to working? If so, see if it has any brackets like the following around the forumua:
Code:
[B][BLUE]{[/BLUE][/B]myformula[B][BLUE]}[/BLUE][/B]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

No when I reopen it appears to be working fine, it's just when I update it or try and recreate it. It's a formula that works out the numbering of working days between two dates.

Okay, how is it that you are trying to change it?

Are you moving things around, changing values in referenced cells, what?

Are you changing referenced values, the formula, or both?

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

I'm just trying to use the formula again in another cell and another workbook as it is needed quite often, but I know longer have the NETWORKDAYS function.

Okay... so you go to another cell, and type the formula, or are you copying it? Reason I'm asking is if you copy it, it may reference the wrong cells... particularly if you copy to a different workbook.

The duh! question first. Are you sure the dates are frormated as Dates and not text?

There should be funcres.xla in the [blue]C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\Library\Analysis[/blue] folder. If not, you need to find it and copy it there.

If it's there then, try re-registering funcres.xla

Canadian eh! Check out the new social forum Tek-Tips in Canada.
I thought I had retired...I was mistaken. I used to work for a large corporation; now I work for my wife.

Yes that folder is there, and yes it is formatted in date and not text, and when copying I am changing the cell references. It's my PC!

yes it is formatted in date and not text
FORMAT mean NOTHING! It is the UNDERLYING DATA that is impotrtant.

In order to know that you have DATE and not TEXT...

temporarily change the format of one of your 'dates' to GENERAL, and tell us what you see.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

You wouldn't believe it but it is actually now working today! Thanks for all your help guys.

Well, yesterday wasn't Monday, so that throws my idea out the window. [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back