Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A qucik and dirty CM 4.0 install sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speechguy

Technical User
May 3, 2004
US
I just got a Call Manager 4.0

I have built the server but have not started any configuration. Why? Because I have no Cisco knowledge, yet.

Does anyone have a cheat sheet (used in a lab?) for a quick and dirty installation to get a few IP phones working, dial over the T1 trunks in the router (no fancy dial plan) AND plug in a backend application with SIP trunks?

I gathered some of the docs from Cisco but there are too many and I would like to just start basic and then add feature complexity as I move along.

I intend to install it in my lab, beat it up, and then install another new server w/redundancy in production when I have more knowledge....

AT&T/Inter-Tel/Octel/Lucent/Avaya and so on and so on...does it get any better?? ;-)

1. In Cisco CallManager Serviceability, activate the services that you want to run on each server in the
cluster.
2. Configure system-level settings, such as Cisco CallManager Groups.
3. Design and configure your dialing plan.
4. Configure media resources for conferences, Music On Hold, and so on.
5. Install and configure your chosen voice-messaging system.
6. Configure systemwide features, Cisco IP Phone services, Cisco CallManager Extension Mobility,
Cisco CallManager Attendant Console, and Cisco IP Manager Assistant.
7. Install and configure the gateways.
8. Enable computer telephony integration (CTI) application support; then, install and configure the
desired CTI applications.
9. Configure the users.
10. Configure and install the phones; then, associate users with the phones.

that's what I was looking for..thanks

AT&T/Inter-Tel/Octel/Lucent/Avaya and so on and so on...does it get any better?? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back