Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A public portal-type WebSite...on Domino??

Status
Not open for further replies.

diegoful

Programmer
Feb 21, 2001
MX
Can any one tell me how good is Dominio to develop a public, portal-type, WebSite?
I think Domino is more oriented to Corporate or Intranet portals. But, how good is for a public, commercial, WebSite??
For example, i don't know if it is flexible enough or if a good development speed can be reached with it.
Thanks a lot.

Forgive me for so saying, but Domino is an INCREDIBLE solution for a public portal.

Development speed is its primary advantage, if you have a literate group of developers. Please give it a good hearing. The folk at Lotus made a blunder when they released the R5 client. They should have made R5 a pure browser solution, because by releasing their thick client they masked the really brilliant web capabilities that R5 has.

You could build the ENTIRE portal in XML using R5, but nobody seems to know that.

It's the never ending fight against the MS advertising monster.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back