Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A problem with my browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majikwiz

Technical User
Nov 15, 2006
US
Greetings. I have 2 computers running online. Majik-1 & Majik-2. Majik-2 runs fine. I recently installed XP on both machines and have since reinstalled XP SP2 on M-1. When i go to view my gmail, hotmail and netzero mail on Majik-1 i am able to log in but when my account/mail inbox page comes up in all three it is completely blank. a white page no error msg, nothing. yet at the bottom of the page it says Done. I can log in to all 3 accounts on Majik-2 and there is no problem seeing my email. I am using a Hub to share my signal(High Speed Cable) and never had this problem before. I have matched the Browser settings on both machines (IE6) identically. I am using Zone Alarm and have the same problem whetherit's on or off. I think it is an activeX or java issue and have reinstalled java a few times to no available.

Thank for your help,

majikwiz

forum605 is where you should ask the question.

No. U R Rong. I do not have a problem with my email. I have a problem viewing the page on puter called majik-1,

my email works fine on my 2nd puter. Like i stated, so carefully, there is some browser, activeX or java problem...

Still seeking help,

majik

You underestimate the people in the email forum. You have yet to tell use what Browser you are using, and at what release level, and whether you are current with all Hotfixes for this Browser. This is especially difficult on me because my crystal ball is on the blink today.

In any case, asssuming there are no java installation errors, there are no malware issues, there are no conflicting toolbars installed, and your security settings are not a barrier, you should check for DLL registration issues. The easiest way to do this in Internet Explorer at least is to use MS-MVP Ramesh;s little IE fix utility. This is not suitable for IE 7:

R U SUR DOOD?
THX SMAH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back