Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A problem occurred and a valid license for this product could not be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsh8286

Technical User
Mar 4, 2010
CA
Sorry but long winded but hoping others out there have or have had the same issue:

Have a client who was running Sage300c 2019 PU1 on two workstations. The server/workstation and another workstation. The programs are loaded locally on both machines. We upgraded them and went directly to Sage 2021. The install and conversion on the server/workstation went without a hitch. License files entered without issue, conversion of database no issues whatsoever.

Then applied the 2021 update to the non server workstation and at this point regardless of what we do when we click on the Accpac.exe icon we get the following error:

"A problem occurred and a valid license for this product could not be found. Please try again. If the problem continues,
contact Customer Support."

Now this is what we have done to troubleshoot this:

1. We immediately went to the registry entry and the shared data entry checks out (as it should since we did not touch the share it stayed as it did before)
2. We went back to the license manager on the server and did a Refresh thinking that may be the culprit but that did not work.
3. We checked all the ODBC's out on said machine and they connect to the databases all OK.
4. We accessed "Database Setup" on the local machine and all the databases Verified without issue.
4. We thought anti virus running on the local machine may be the culprit. Disabled it and still no change.
5. We thought a reboot of the machine in question could be an issue (in the event of any updates etc.) but after the reboot tried again and the error is still there.
6. We did a "Repair" of the programs and then ran RegAcc.exe (we did the RegAcc.exe after the initial install) and still the issue persists.
7. We compared the server workstation to the non server workstation for any program installs the server had and the non server machine didn't have. MS Redistributable C++ 2013 and 2015 64 bit were NOT loaded on the non server workstation. So for you know what and giggles we loaded and still the error comes up.
8. We haven't done a complete uninstall and then rename the original local folder on the C drive and then do a reinstall that is still outstanding.

But in checking online we came across this so thought we would post FWIW:

"With the release of Sage 300c V2020, Sage has updated their Entitlements Server and is now requiring all versions of Sage, 2018, 2019, and 2020 to be on the latest product update and to have the version 2020 serial number for System Manager set in the License Manager (regardless of the version you are using)."

Since we made the jump from 2019 directly to 2021 is the above statement indicating we still need the V2020 SM license? If this is the case then why is the server/workstation working without issue?

The only other thing we can think of is that for whatever reason the non server workstation does not have the "rights" to read the V6.8 licenses? But if this is the case why can we verify the databases? Also if a rights issue we purposely loaded the account code change programs and they wrote to the shared drive without issue. We also created a text file on the shared drive without issue so don't think this is the culprit.

Anyways all for now. If anyone has run into this would be greatly appreciated how you got around the issue.

We just had a client upgrade and have a very similar issue. It was an issue on Sage's side. Once they fixed it this is what they said: "The issue is resolved. The previous codes were for perpetual PR subs. instead of 300C PR subscription. This is the reason why the system was not recognizing as valid license."

So you might need to raise an issue with Sage support.

Thanks DjangMan for your input.

But found the problem. It was this damn "Entitlements.xml" file. I have to credit Jay Converse on a post in Sage City that I found where he indicated they renamed it.

As soon as I did that all is now good.

I assumed it would recreate itself when I logged back in after renaming it but no new file gets created. So the system works without it so I am not sure what the significance of this file is.

Anyway thanks for your post.

What a waste of three hours of my time on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back