Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Machine that can make cat 5 cabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickyjune26

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hi,
I'm not sure if this would be the best place to post this, but is there a machine that can make cat 5 cables for you?
-Micky

Micky Fokken
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

What do you mean a machine? Like one where you pour a box of RJ45 clips in a hopper and a box of cable, select the desired length and it starts whipping off cables. Probably but it would be pretty expensive. Or do you mean a crimper, which helps you terminate the RJ45 cables?

Yes, I mean a machine where you dump the RJ45 clips in one hole and throw the cable in another hole and it makes any length cable specified.

Maybe there are fully automated machines, and then some that aren't so automated.

I'm tired of using crimpers, as we make a lot of cables.

Micky Fokken
---------------------
If this post answered or helped to answer your question, please reply with such so that forum members with a similar question will know to use this advice.

it's called a apprentice....

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I guess I have to reinvent slave labor. Oh wait... it's called an intern.

Man, I bet a guy could make a lot of money if he invented a machine that could do this for us.

Micky Fokken
---------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back