Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A linked nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

pervinpj

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
US
I was tasked with generating a powerpoint presentation using information from an excel snapshot (don't have enough access to link) from an access database. I used a linked table in Access to nab information and distribute it to 43 linked XLS tables (in Access). I also used VB coding to summarize this info and output it to plain text formatted .doc files. I then created the powerpoint and linked all of these files into the powerpoint. It works beautifully. The only problem is that my boss complains when he has to click no to updating the links after I E-mail it to him.

Does anybody know how I can automate transformation of these linked files into embeded objects prior to E-mailing it off. Preferrably trough use of VB code in access.

What I want to accomplish is
Link-->Update-->Embed-->E-mail-->no further user interaction

Hah,
Problem solved...
I simply deleted the linked files, and re-imported the files in the same spot on the same slides with the same properties as embeded after each time I update them. A little more time consuming, but much more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back