Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A JS popup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleci

Programmer
May 22, 2001
GB
Hi all,
I have the following code to generate a popup window containing the file terms.htm:

function topWindow4(){
popup = window.open("terms.htm","","height=500,width=600,resizable=no,scrollbars,screenX=50,screenY=100,top=30,left=50");
}

The problem is that in Netscape the window is not resizable, as required, but testing on IE4.0 gives the window to be resizable...

I've tried leaving out the 'resizable' attribute altogether but this didnt work either.

Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Don't know if this is too helpful or if it'll make any difference as I don't have Navigator here but there is the Window.setResizable(boolean) method for Navigator 4 which might set it to do what you want???

Sorry Furan, re-reading my post I realise i havent made it too clear:
The problem is not with Netscape but with IE4.0; I need the popup to be NON resizable in both browsers, and in Netscape this is fine, but IE4.0 seems to be ignoring the resizable = no command.

Do you know of any other syntax required??
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back