Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A graphic and audio problem - Flash 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

d9085

Technical User
Jan 27, 2005
US

I've made a greetings card that has Dynamic Text for all the text in the card.
You edit the .txt files to your liking, save them, then double click the .swf and the greeting card has what you typed into the .txt files.
What I'm looking to do now is import a graphic. Most likely a jpeg (but doesn't have to be) with dimensions of 150 x 115 and place it at certain x y coordinates. I know you can use the loadMovie AS but that means you've already made the .swf you're importing. I want to be able to have the jpeg in the same folder and have the .swf call the jpeg file just like what happens with the dynamic text.
ALSO... I'd like to import a .wav or mp3 file the same basic way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can this be done in MX rather than Flash 5?

dont know about 5 but trivial in mx

just place your empty clip on stage (with instance name) where you want the jpeg to be loaded then add to timeline with actions that are loading the text

myJpegLoader.loadMovie("some.jpg");

for the sound just add to same function

s = new sound();
s.loadSound("my.mp3", true);
s.start();

Mr. billwatson..

I loaded Flash MX and tried what I thought you had said. Let me see if I am correct.
I have a jpeg by the name of Snoop.jpg in the same directory where my .FLA and .SWF files are.
I made an empty clip name jpeg_holder with the instance name of myJpegLoader. I dragged the empty clip onto the stage in frame 1 and wrote this into the Frame actions:
myJpegLoader.loadMovie("Snoop.jpg");
It didn't work :-(
Any suggestions???

oldnewbie..
You were correct. Wrong frame.. Thanks!!

billwatson..
Thank you as well!!

You can certainly do a lot more in MX then in Flash 5. To bad I only know about 1/1000000 of any ver. of Flash.

You guys are incredible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back