Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A+ easy or hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2009
US
I'm looking at all the multitude of a+ sample tests. There's a vast difference between most of them and the one by "actualtests (dot) com", which looks much much harder.

I took the ITIL foundation recently, which was about as hard as most of them make the exam look.

Can anyone comment on the difficulty compared with the actualtests 220-601 sample exam questions?

Thanks,

Biff

Biff,
Considering that "actualtests" is a brain dump, I don't think you'll get much help from these forums.

As far as difficulty, A+ is designed as a beginner test. Since it is a beginner test, I suggest getting some books, dealing with the newest objectives. If that doesn't sound like something for you, try going to a boot camp, or accelerated training course.

I took it last week. It was super easy... thanks for your feedback. Got 90%+ on both exams. The actualtests stuff was way overkill.

tgif please do not use the word braindump

but to answer your question - best material comes from comptia, if you buy the book from comptia it comes with a study cd, and let me tell u something right now. the cd rocks.

Beaner2005,
What is the issue with using the word "braindump"? That is exactly what actualtests is. Plain and simple.

tfg13,

I agree - people here need to understand what a brain dump is as well as a "paper cert" :-(

The bottom line is - if you are going to have letters after your name - make sure that you understand the material - most places today, because of the glut of "paper" MCSE's back in 97-99 will test your knowledge both with technical questions and in some cases hands-on testing. So, the bottom line is - don't just learn a bunch of questions to pass an exam - understand the material and the concepts so that those letters after your name tell the world you know your stuff :)

Hope this helps some of those out there working towards the different certs! AVOID THE SHORTCUTS, THEY WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU !!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back