Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A. Distiller cropping images

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanPulsar

Technical User
Jul 30, 2004
FR
hi all !
this being my first thread on tek-tips and all, I must congratulate you all for the richness and number of topics in the forums.

OK, here's my problem. I'm an average user of AA (6.0.0 on win2Ksp3)
I use it mostly to export InDesign jobs, and to "print-to-pdf" from different sources.

In the latter case, when printing from a web page (f.i. a tutorial or a tip page, with screenshots), Acrobat simply crops images coming at the end of pages, instead of "jumping" to an new page !
I can't find out by myself where to fix this issue...

thanx for your answers! (to come !)

You can't fix this in Acrobat.

You can fix it in HTML, but of course, you can't re-code other folks' websites, can you?

In HTML, CSS supports "print-specific" style sheets that can be used to reformat the output for printing.

Thomas D. Greer
<a href=Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting</a>

Well, thank you for your quick and clear answer !
I understand now this is the same problem when text lines in web pages go out of printable area. (that's why I often have to print the pdf in A3 format to get full width text)

I guess for these pages with problems, I will just copy/paste wath is needed to an InDesign doc...

thanx again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back