Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Definite Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

estech25

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
IR
Hi,
I am having a strange problem with a new .NET app I am developping and I'm almost sure it's a terrible bug. I try to use session variables and I get the following error:

Session state can only be used when enableSessionState is set to true, either in a configuration file or in the Page directive

The mode varibale under session in web.config is set to InProc, so that's not the problem. I have the same config in many other apps and it works fine. Also, I tried to set EnableSessionState to true both on the page and also under Pages in the web.config file, but it didn't help.
This seems to be a very serious inconsistency. Does anyone have a similar experience?
Meanwhile, I looked this up on a couple of other forums and it sounds like a lot of poeple are running into the same not knowing what to do.

Have you tried this in Web.Config?

<pages enableSessionState="true" ...>

I am having this same issue. Did you ever resolve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back