Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Curious Problem With Chrome 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiopro

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
GB
A visitor to my website reports the following error and as far as I know, it is only this one person who has this problem. I have tested it with Google Chrome myself and all seems to be working.
The user can access my site if he turns off his firewall, can somebody please shed some light on this?
Unable to access the network
Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks that Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.
Here are some suggestions:
Add Google Chrome as a permitted programme in your firewall or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted programme, try deleting it from the list of permitted programmes and adding it again.
Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

Keith

There is nothing here that indicates a specific problem with Chrome. Any other browser would show the same type of connection message.

The user's firewall has some rule that disagrees with your site.

Nothing that you can do anything about, as it is the client side firewall that is blocking their access. The end user is going have remove your server IP or hostname from their firewall deny rules.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back