Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a couple questions on formatting..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrmcguire

Programmer
Oct 13, 2010
US
at my current page at

I want to move my logo down so that its even with my spry menu without pushing the splash image down so that it doesn't show on the page. I creating a margin-top of 20 px which when displayed in IE the images with the bird doesn't appear any more.

Also Im trying to make the background color of my spry menu the same as my main background...is it possible to have a gradient background for a spry menu?

thanks

Your menu div (spry menu?)is 100% width. Your logo will push it down if you add too much margin or padding. Set a width of your menu in css and float it right. This will give space on the left for your logo to be pushed down.

I recommend using firebug in firefox to see the layout of your divs.

ok, what Im currently working on is at

I need to move my spry menu up so its even with my logo at the top of the page and also allow for my background-image of my splashcondense div to extend the width of the page. Any help which can be provided for this would be appreciated.

thanks

ok, I know that something is overlapping whether it be my menu, logo, or splashcondense div..what Im trying to do is have my logo right next to the navigation bar at the top and move the splashcondense div so its directly beneath both of those.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

As was previously mentioned, your menu is too long to fit next to the image, make your menu div smaller 655px worked for me, and float it left or right, then give your splash div a clear:both property.

That should make everything line up.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back