Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielLee

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
MX
Hi, I am learning about modems and I have a couple of things to run by the forum to see if I am correct.

My friend brought down (to Mexico) a NEC Versa 6050MX lap top with a Venus 56Flex ktav 133 oldtim PCMCIA card in it.

I couldn’t get connected to the Internet and I finally realized that Prodigy here in Mexico only supports K56 and V.90 protocols. Am I correct in assuming I never had a chance of getting connected with the modem he had because the K56 Flex protocol was not supported ?

The computer also had a 28.8 Kbps V.34; Data/Fax/Voice Internal Modem, I assume that was not supported either right?

I now have another customer who has a Noteworthy 56K 3CXM056-BNW PCMCIA modem card in a Toshiba Satellite 4015CDS (1998). I need to get another modem for it, should I get the exact same card or is there a better card I can order?

One last question. How can I check to see what protocols a server is supporting besides calling them and asking them?

Any assistance appreciated, thank you in advance.

Daniel
"Five minutes at a time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back