Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

?A Correspondence Response Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grwd

Technical User
Jan 20, 2002
US
I need to build (for the lack of a better name) a 'Correspondence Response Engine.'
What it does: Allows us to rapidly create a response to incoming email correspondence. Many people ask the same questions. So we save our responses in a database table sorted by catagory catagory and sub-catagory.

What I want to build would have an interface with one panel to look up the appropriate response segment, a second panel to view the incoming email, and a third panel in which to assemble the response email. One would be able to drag-n-drop the segments into the assembly panel as well as type in personalized text. The senders email address and subject, etc would be automaticly copied from the email being viewed to the header of the message being assembled. The newly assembled response would be sent and the viewed correspondence would be dated, marked 'answered,' ,list by whom and then stored.

The next time that person corresponds, they are looked up and all previous correspondence in and out is gathers so it can be viewed.

Is there already something like this out there made with delphi?

I'd like to do the same thing but with written correspondence (scanned). Or better yet - BOTH emails AND scanned snail mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back