Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A certificate could not be found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atanoli

Technical User
Oct 28, 1999
PK
I have win2k server installed with RAS. I wan to dial my computer remotely. Every thing is perfect i.e.Active Directory, Modem, RAS, IAS. When I am dialing my computer remotely its giving me error. When I checked event viewer there he is showing following error:

"A certificate could not be found. Connections that use the L2TP protocol over IPSec require the installation of a machine certificate, also known as a computer certificate. No L2TP calls will be accepted."

Can any body help me wat is this error and how i can overcome this problem.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi is use to have the same problem, and the msg was the same. So i installed Certificate serviçes on a domain controller of my domain and now RAS works fine.

Right click my network places, and go properties. Go Advanced menu and then Optional Networking u have (i think) the option to install the certificate service if not is on ad/remove Programs on Control panel on Windows components ( i am not sure) but i can check on monday. That worked fine for me. Hope it will work for you to. PUPA ARAUJO
ANGOLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back