Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A boolean is required here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccanalia

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
US
I am working on Crystal Reports 10 and I am running into a problem with something that I thought would be simple. I am starting out with a formula:

if {HomelessEnrollment.IsChronicallyHomeless} = "1"
then "Yes"
else "No"

and I get the dialogue box that returns the statement "A boolean is required here" and it highlights the "True"

What I am trying to accomplish is tell the system that if there is a 1 listed the client is chronically homeless, everything else is a no. What am I doing wrong?

Chris

Where are you entering this? If you are getting the "boolean required" error, you are probably entering it in the Select Expert and not a fromula field.

If you are trying to filter for 1's your formula in the Select Expert would be:
{HomelessEnrollment.IsChronicallyHomeless} = "1"

If you want to dispaly a "Yes" or "No" on the report canvas, go to Insert / Field Object... and then create a formula filed. Your formula is correct for this method.

Mike

Try posting technical information:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity used
Example data
Expected output

"What I am trying to accomplish is tell the system that if there is a 1..."

You must speak in binary, and very quickly ;)

Demonstrate where you're putting this formula, and it's intent using example dtaa and expected output, you'll get faster, more tailored results.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back