Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A bit of gobbledy gook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Lewis

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
Scotland
www.ml-consult.co.uk
I just purchased a lamp-holder for a table lamp to replace one that was broken. These were the instructions that came with it:

Do not connect this lamp-holder to a flexible cord, which may be subject to tension in normal use unless means are provided to relieve the connections from the strain and to protect the insulation. For a threaded lampholder this must only be used as replacement on a luminaire where there is a means to lock the thread so that the lamp-holder cannot be accidentally unscrewed during normal use.

I am posting this on the chance that you might find it entertaining. I haven't even tried to make sense of it.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

The way I take it - do not hang this 'lamp-holder' like this:

Lamp_ktlsfo.png

Many electric cords are not design to hold the weight of heavy 'lamp-holders'.
Liability issues. They may also state: Do not take it internally, do not swallow, lick, or use as a food dish, etc. :)

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Unfortunately I have translations from other languages to English to be less than perfect on some installation manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back