Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A better way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

galfaro

Vendor
Apr 9, 2003
US
I have a customer with an 8X24, DR5 software and a Call Pilot 100 voice mail. I have set up the voice mail to answer lines, and ring a certain phone. The call foward is set to ring 4 times and the go to that phones mailbox. Now he doesn't want a zero option, nor an attendant. I have made the changes except for the mailbox that the lines foward into. The target attendant is set by default to ext. 221 (phone is ext.227) is there a way to remove the zero option once a caller is in the mailbox greeting. I set the target attendant to be the same as the ext. When zero is pressed the voice mail re-rings the same ext. and the same greeting for that mailbox plays after the foward no answer. He can live with that for now but would like to have the zero option disabled/ not available, or have it replay the greeting without re-ringing the set. Anyone have a better way of doing this?
Gabriel

Two things you can try, and I had a customer that wanted the same, you can have the customer record a temporary greeting in their mailbox - this way when the caller trys to push a button they hear -"THIS IS A SPECIAL GREETING, TO LEAVE A MESSAGE WAIT FOR THE TONE, TO HEAR IT AGAIN Press *" or you can try setting the Att number to the same DN as the Call Pilot.

Let me know if this works for you, very curious...

Oh...one more suggestion, if this is a possibility, create an INFO only mbox and when the "0" is pressed, it forwards to that mailbox that says you have entered an invalid option ....disconnects them...kind of a long and useless process however if thats what the customer wants ...thats what they get!'

CallPilot is not supported with an 8X24 and funny things might happen so you know.
Also try Target to an unused DN.

spoclogo2.jpg

Private email: sbwdaddy@yahoo.ca​

Curlycord
When you say Call Pilot is not supported by an 8x24, are you saying it would not work at all? I am not having any problems with the way the calls are processed, nor with messaging. It's just the zero they dont want.
Gabriel

Assign the lines to ring the users DN.
Assign the general delivery mailbox to the user's DN number.
Re-record the general delivery directory, and primary greetings to personalize the general delivery mailbox to the user.
In the table assignment change the Attendant DN to the users DN number.
In feature 982 change the attendant available status to "n".
For the user's DN Set the forward no answer DN to the primary voicemail DN.
Set the target attendant for user's mailbox to "oper".

Incoming calls will ring the users DN.
The forward no answer timer will send the caller to the general delivery mailbox (personalized greeting).
If the caller presses 0 they will hear a message that the "operator is not available" and they will be sent back to the general delivery mailbox greeting to leave a message.
The set will not ring when the caller presses 0.

This has been tested on CallPilot with MICS 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back