Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A better interface than pgadmin3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keak

Programmer
Sep 12, 2005
CA
Hi there,
I've been using mysql, but recently I am trying to learn postgres as well. I installed pgadmin3, but I was wondering if there is a better interface program ....
It sometimes crashes when I view large table, and I did spot some other errors.

I was wondering if there were any similar programs to MysqlCC,SQLYog, but for postgres?

I don't know what mysqlcc and sqlYog are
but on the news archive there are quite a lot of announcments for new versions of interface programs (I have only seen the EMS products, but use only the command line psql, and from time to time phpPgAdmin, and the one you don't like pgadmin3
take a look there you may like some of them

phpPgAdmin rocks.. unfortunately it doesn't display the SQL used for every command like phpMyAdmin (which I found to be not only a great admin tool but a great learning tool)

For normal clients you can't beat EMS with PostgreSQL in my experience... I've never shelled out for the pay version which has great visual ERD tools supposedly, but the free version is great in and of itself.

I just installed the trial for 'PG Lightning'. It looks fairly impressive. It is also mentioned on the link Ceco left for you above.

Gary
gwinn7

why don't you try using psql for a while. I did this a few years ago when my then boss wouldn't allow me to install XWindows on a server. It did wonders for my understanding of DDL and DML.

Give it a go for a few weeks, you might suprise yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back