Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A better Font?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jward

MIS
Dec 21, 2000
US
I'm looking for smoother look to my fonts, I posted a article on my website and I don't like the look please
check it out and let me know what I should do to make it look more professional

Thanks

don't use the <pre> tags for your article. although this will maintain your spacing and formatting it displays in an awful font (usually courier new).

i would remove the <pre> tags and space the paragraphs out using <p> tags. then you can use either css or <font> tags to specify a nicer font.

ss

As well as seconding what secret squirrel said (hey! where's Morocco Mole *<|:) ?), you might also want to use the Header tag too

Code:
<b><Font Size=3>America: The Good Neighbor.</font></b>

=>

Code:
<H1>America: The Good Neighbor.</H1>

to help separate style & content (as well as helping the search engines to index your page). TandA

Day by day, the penguins steal my sanity.

I should take the font Verdana.

Put this font as default in your style sheet.

A saw also in your style sheet the classe &quot;topnav&quot;and &quot;topnav2&quot; They have LINE-HEIGHT: 8pt; inside. especialy in &quot;topnav2&quot; is this line-height smaller then the font-size (10) and that gives that the lines are so tight together. (that looks unprofessional to me)

Further: erase the &quot;more than one&quot; empty row between the paragraphs.

Good luck with your side,
Erik

Yer i agree witht he above. When pressing return in a web design program you may have to hold down the shift key along with pressing return. This will take you to the next line and not two lines down.

Apart form the font and the spaces it looks great

SharkEye.co.uk Please see my site at:

Thanks everyone, I made some changes and it looks much better

Thanks for all your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back