Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

~/a/b.php, and ~/c/d.php turning into ~/a/b/d.php??? and 100% CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

twintriode

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
AU
Hi All,

Having a bit of a problem with the login section of a site I am working on. As in the title I have the following two scripts.

(htdocs)/test/new/login_man.php

(htdocs)/test/new/myaccount.php

myaccount.php, uses a logincheck that basically says, if user logged in then continue... and include the main file, or redirect to login_man.php.

Accidentaly when testing I typed the URL (htdocs)/test/new/myaccount/login_man.php and suddenly I was in a vicious loop that ate my CPU up, until I quit firefox? Obviously there is some sort of loop going on, but I have never before seen a server accept /test/new/myaccount/login_man.php for example, when there are no further directories in /test/new, ie /test/new/myaccount/anything.php should give a 404, no? As /test/new/myaccount/ does not exist.

I assume this is either a basic scripting error or, a setting in php.ini that I need to change? Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Also I might add the site is working quite well, accept for this problem, but you have to enter the URL which causes this manually, and it seems to be doing the same to other pages, ie directory-izing them?

Thanks in advance

PHP scripts don't loop for ever. There is a standard maximum time limit for CPU usage.
Have you been able to reproduce the error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back