Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

_AIL_open_digital_driver@16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foordy

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
AU
Hey,
I am trying to open a certain program but I needed mss32.dll.
I downloaded it from needed files websites, and extracted to system folder, but now I get this error:
"The procedure entry point _AIL_open_digital_driver@16 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll."

I thought maybe it was just the file I downloaded was out of date or something, but after trying several other 'needed files' sites, I got the same error.
What is the problem and how can I fix it?
Thankyou.

What program needs this Dll, have you tried their site for updates and patches?

There is no website.
Any other suggestions?
Any other reasons this error could be coming up?
Any other website I could try for this DLL file?

Place any Mss32.Dll in your System32 folder and try registering the DLL by typing this in the Start Run box.

regsvr32 Mss32.dll

Press OK.

As you cycle through your collection of Mss32.Dll's any you register but discard may require unregistering before trying the next Dll. Use the /u switch (regsvr32 /u Mss32.Dll) to unregister. For complete usage type regsvr32 /? at any command prompt.

What program (or game) is asking for this Dll?

After using RegSvr32, this error comes up:
"mss32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found.

The file can not be registered".

:(

Maybe this might fix after a format?
I'm backing up for a format, so maybe that might help?
I have had problems lately with my system dirs being corrupt then being refound after running CHKDSK, because I havn't formatted in awhile and formats usually fix all my problems. :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back