Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9i vs 10g, for OCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep24

Technical User
Mar 30, 2005
US
Hi, I want to get certified for a oracle database but I am not sure which one would be best for right now. On the oracle website it says that to get oracle OCA 9i certification you have to take 2 exams and for 10g you just have to take 1 exam, why is that? If I learn 10g, how far off will that be from me being able to use 9i? If I learn 9i how much more will I have to learn to be able to use 10g? Also to get certified OCA for 10g I am asumming it will be much cheaper then 9i since I just have to one exam instead of two? there is alot less material to learn for 10g then for 9i, 10g requires one book 9i requires 2 books, why is that. Also, how long will it take for most companies to start using 10g, I am assuming that most people now a days are using 9i? I am fairly competant in SQL, I have a degree in computer science, and would like to know which route would be best for now, 9i or 10g.

As far as certification is concerned , yes Oracle has made
it easy in 10g by having to passing only 1 exam.

But if you really look into companies moving to 10g , I would
say still its a begining. I had seen Oracle pitching more and
more towards the small business customers who are using SQL server to switch to Oracle database.

My suggestions would be to start of with Oracle 10g database
as it good for novice users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back