Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

98/ME home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevan

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
GB
Hi.

I have to PC's one running Win98 and one running WinME. both have working network cards (I know this because we have networked together when both were running Win98).

We have tried to connect but to no avail. First trying a crossover cable and then trying with a hub after we had no luck.

Is there some sort of issue that ME has with connecting to 98? Is this common for 98/ME?

The computers can see themselves in their own network neighbourhood but cannot see each other. File and printer sharing is installed on both.

Any ideas?
And also, with crossover cable, what is the best protocol to use?

Thanks heaps,
have a smurfy day.

i found that there is no i can find but for some wierd reason at loging off the windows me machine not reseting it tends to get the to talk don't ask me why and i am still look for a better fix so if there is one out there put it up So long and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back