Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9714 displays INOP - FSC #3392

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zimpa

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2004
SE
We've just decided to put our old 9714 to some good use. It's been in storage for a year or so, but it still worked just fine when I powered it on.

Well, it worked fine for one day, when it suddenly stopped responding. After a reset it now displays:

INOP - FSC #3392

as it is testing the camera.

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this? Maby the lens just needs cleaning?

I called StorageTek about it but since we don't have a service agreement with them anymore they where not the least helpful, rather bordering to unfriendly. Sigh.

Regards,
Fredrik

Error info follows:
&&3392
ERR_AUD_INVALID_ENTITY_COUNT,
Software error occurred in packet being sent to audit task.
FRU: LOCATION: CONFIDENCE %:
Logical Error L S/W 99
PRC LSM 1

I would suggest trying your backup copy of the microcode diskette...

It really depends upon the code level of the library as to what the fsc will mean sometimes. The latest code level of the 9714 library is 2.00.02 (they are not updating the code any more), so the fsc from this code level is:

ERR_AUD_STATIC_TARGET_UNREADABLE,
When doing a stationary calibration of a target, a target couldnot be found.
FRU: LOCATION: CONFIDENCE %:
HAND ASSY LSM CONF_%: 70 70
PRC LSM CONF_%: 20 20
PRY,PRX LSM CONF_%: 10 10

first thing to check is if the target that the hand calibrates on is still there or amiss. If not then it's going to cost you money to get parts to repair it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back