Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9714 displays INOP - FSC #308f / mech = reach 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

strubinsky

Instructor
Mar 23, 2002
US
I bought the 9714 recently and it moved > 2,000 km from the 'old' location to here.

The arm had been secured with plastic strips and seemed to have had survived the transport great. I cut the strips and booted...and received the error above and below

INOP - FSC # =308F
MECH = REACH

I called tech support and they told me that the arm had a problem. Well, I can easily move the arm up/down, rotate and extend-retract the 'hand'.

Tech support is willing to send a tech for 230$@hour with a minimum of 2 hours plus material. That's a lot for a college teacher who bought it out of his own pocket since there was no budget for it.

Does enybody have a glue what I could try BEFORE I call the tech and have to sell my firstborn???

guenter

&&308f
ERR_SRV_EXCESSIVE_TACH_PHASE_ERRORS,
An excessive amount of tachometer phase errors was detected
Refer to specific FRU callouts for mechanism indicated
Check robotic cabling connections and condition.
Check z flex cabling connections and condition.
FRU: LOCATION: CONFIDENCE %:
---> If MECH = Theta <---
THETA MTR/ENC. ASSY LSM 75
PRC LCU 15
PRX/Y LSM 10
---> If MECH = Z <---
Z MTR/ENC. ASSY LSM 75
PRC LCU 15
PRX/Y LSM 10
---> If MECH = REACH <---
HAND ASSY LSM 65
PRC LCU 15
Z flex cable assy LSM 10
PRX/Y LSM 10

That did it!!!

I rattled on several plugs. Nothing seemed less than totally secure and perfectly connected. After some time I gave up since nothing seemed loose.

'Just for fun' I restarted the device and:

HEUREKA! It went through all self tests, audited and seems to work perfectly now.

I have now a problem with my adaptec 2940U2W which gives me a "Host Adapter Configuration Error" when the lib is on and none when the library is off. But you know what, step by step; if I can't figure that out, I can buy another scsi card for definitely less than 460$.

I appreciate your advice. Thanks to you I got my solution A LOT CLOSER. Btw. I am in IT for 20+ years but have still preserved enough naivity to find this thing extremely cool when it does its audit and the robot moves! :)

Thank you again
guenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back