Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9700 Split Checks / Discounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

microsGuy16

Programmer
May 26, 2016
US
Hi

We have a problem right now with split checks and discounting. We have discounts set so they can only be used once (Reset Itemizer). The problem is when it comes time to split checks.

For example,

Check 1001 has the following items:
Wings $10
Beer $5
50% Discount $7.50

If I split the check and put beer on it's own check, then it results with the original check
Wings $10
50% Discount $7.50
Total: $2.50

After the beer is put on its own check, i can put another 50% idscount on that item.

Is there a way to prevent items from being moved off a check when there is a discount applied?

Thanks

I think a bit more insight into your configuration/process is required to help.

How is the discount that you're applying configured? Is it configured as a fixed amount (which you're calculating and applying), or as a percentage discount?

> After the beer is put on its own check, i can put another 50% idscount on that item.

This statement seems to suggest you're applying an item discount? Or is this a non-item discount?

> Is there a way to prevent items from being moved off a check when there is a discount applied?

I'm not sure about Micros 9700, but Micros Simphony 2 documentation acknowledges the existence of "@VOIDSTATUS" which is documented as "Transaction Item Void Indicator". Not sure if you can hook into some other event and perhaps do one of the following...

- Cancel the void by re-adding with an ExitCancel in an event
- Set some global state variable indicating the check is in an altered state.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back