Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9650 VPN phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezncool

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2003
US
Hello Experts

First happy holidays to everyone. I am in a bit of a jam right now on my VPN phones. We tested these VPN phones and on the field test (call center agent) it performed really well. we then deployed them 1 at a time and everytime we deployed it seem to have been fine and no problem until last monday. suddenly I have callers telling me that their VPN phones keeps on registering repeatedly. It will connect for about 30 minutes, then it will cycle again and re-register. I have connected a VPN phone in the office using the DSL and have seen that it was doing what the users are saying. Can someone please guide me where I can look at and check. they are using the same ASA the computers VPN to and those are not experiencing any issues. The softphone users are not experiencing issues either.

thanks

ezncool
You cannot solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them.
-Albert Einstein

anybody have a suggestion?

ezncool
-Albert Einstein

It sounds like a lifetime of 1800 seconds in the vpn router.
What router is used and what are the timers for phase1 and phase 2?

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

the vpn is cisco ASA. where do I look for Phase1 and 2 timers? also it does not last 1800 seconds sometimes. It reboots every 5 minutes sometimes, sometimes 4 hours.

thanks for responding

ezncool
-Albert Einstein

I do not know the Cisco routers so i can't tell you.
Try to log it with wireshark if you can.

So you first tried a couple of VPN phones and that all went well until you put more of them in ?

How many VPN phones are connected now ?
Perhaps you have too many phones connected to the router ?

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back